Children whose third birthday falls on October 31st or before October 31st of the current year are eligible to attend Nursery.
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 11:30 am
NURSERY CURRICULUM OVERVIEW
The curriculum is designed to develop and support children’s physical, cognitive, and socio-emotional growth through an eclectic approach that prepares young children for future academic success. Some of the target skills in the Nursery level:
Gross and Fine Motor Skills
- Manage gross motor movements with confidence
- Write letters of the alphabet and numerals independently using a comfortable tripod grip.
- Handle materials such as scissors, glue, crayons properly and effectively
Cognitive and Language Skills
- Language Arts
- Identify and recognize the form and sounds of the English alphabet
- Sight-read basic words such as I, am, is, are, the, etc.
- Read c-v-c words, and simple phrases and sentences.
- Show understanding of different concepts such as comparison (big-small, long-short, heavy-light, etc.)
- Identify and recognize numerals 0-20
- Rote count independently up to 30
- Count with 1-to-1 correspondence
- Skip count by 2s
- Add numbers with sum up to 10
- Social Studies
- Identify and recognize information about self, family, community, and the environment
- Mandarin (basic)
- Sing simple Mandarin songs
- Display competence in performing tasks for self such setting own snack on the table, washing own hands, putting on shoes independently, etc.
- Identify and recognize feelings, needs and wants, and communicate them appropriately
- Display a positive attitude towards school and learning